The Labor Lyceum Loft Condominiums
Clarke Caton Hintz worked with Atlantis Historic Properties to transform this long vacant structure into six dramatic loft condominiums. Built in 1926 as a Jewish Community Center, the first floor consists of a beautiful lobby and central hall with marble wainscoting, and several large meeting rooms. The second floor was an auditorium with a stage and catwalks at one end. Empty for more than 20 years, the building was severely deteriorated.
The renovation design preserved many of the historic features including the copper marquee at the front entry. The second floor units are double height; the largest unit takes advantage of the stage and catwalks, creating a dramatic sky lit three – bedroom unit. The upper floor units also have access to roof decks with dramatic views of the downtown.