North Pemberton Train Station Restoration
Built in 1892, the North Pemberton Train Station stood empty for decades. The focus of much community interest, Pemberton Township was awarded an ISTEA grant for the restoration of the structure. Clarke Caton Hintz was retained to oversee the restoration as a museum for the Borough of Pemberton.
Due to many years of neglect, the roof structure and one exterior wall were in danger of collapse, and most of the interior finishes were severely damaged. Fortunately, community members had saved much of the original moldings and train station equipment. The project included careful shoring and strengthening of the wood and masonry structure, the restoration of the original exterior and interior finishes and colors, the installation of a new slate roof and the re-installation of stored moldings and other historic features.