This adaptive re-use of the former Fort Monmouth Signal School transforms the 1930’s structure into a state-of-the-art satellite campus for NJCU. The facility includes a welcoming main entry lobby featuring a café, a help desk, lounge spaces and views to the mock trading room, nursing simulation spaces and NJCU welcome center. A new main entry addition will replicate the existing entry while providing a fully accessible entrance. Exterior windows will be replaced with historically accurate re-creations of the original windows and the clerestory windows of the former shop building will be visible in general purpose classrooms.
New Jersey City University
Renovation, Adaptive Re-use / Rehabilitation