Samuel Fleming House
Samuel Fleming, a local tavern proprietor, purchased 210 acres in 1756. This land ultimately became known as Flemington, NJ. Soon after acquiring the land, Fleming built his grand home. The house and grounds served as a home for his large family and was the most substantial home for miles around when it was constructed.
Currently used as a house museum that depicts life in the 1700s, Clarke Caton Hintz designed the exterior restoration and select interior repairs to the structure. Work included siding repair, porch repair, painting, masonry repair and re-pointing, structural improvements and plaster work. CCH successfully obtained a grant from the New Jersey Historic Trust to help offset the costs of the repairs.
Borough of Flemington