Webb Memorial Chapel
Built in 1888, Webb Memorial Chapel was a free will gift to the Presbyterian Church of Madison by James A. Webb, Sr., a prominent local resident, in memory of his only son, James A. Webb, Jr. The Chapel is also significant because it was designed by noted architect, Josiah Cady, and is an excellent example of the Romanesque Revival style. For these reasons, Webb Memorial Chapel is listed on both the National and New Jersey State Register of Historic Places as part of the Madison Downtown Civic Commercial Historic District. The building is an elaborate jewel with extensive needs. To that end, Clarke Caton Hintz prepared the Preservation Plan for Webb Memorial Chapel, funded by numerous successful grant applications (prepared by the firm). Ultimately the renovated chapel was preserved for future generations; the congregation hopes it will attract new members.