The group of buildings known as “The Golden Swan” has played an important part in Trenton’s history since its construction in 1815. Over the years, the buildings have served a number of commercial and even religious uses, but their essential form and presence on the street have remained constant.
CCH’s task was to take advantage of the wonderful character of the building, repair the years of neglect and turn this group of buildings into a modern, mixed-use complex. To that end, the wood structure has been repaired and reinforced, the exterior brick cleaned, repaired and repainted, historically appropriate/ energy efficient windows and storefronts installed, and a new elevator and lobby addition constructed at the rear. Each tenant space has been carefully designed to combine the character of the historic building with modern organization and technology. This project received a Trenton Landmarks Award.